Issues

Monday, November 4, 2013

Need to be motivated

to work on my blog.

I haven't been blogging as often as I could/should. I think I wasn't motivated enough. Blogging requires dedication. I'm lacking that too. 2013 seems to be the shortest year I've had experience. While I'm pleasantly satisfied with the many tangible milestones I've accomplished this year (in my life); I'm not very happy with the state of my blog.

In the past, I used to be able to write three articles per week at the minimum. Three complete articles. I was also reading a lot. Nowadays, I'm not able to get even a single article written. Often time, after finishing writing a post, I don't feel like posting it. Articles get queued up in the blogger interface; I lose interest and do not revisit them again.

The first step in getting this blog on track is de-cluttering the queue. I need to look over the drafts and salvage what I can. This may take a few weeks at most.

Then, I need to make a list of articles and books that I have been reading especially for my blog. I'm thinking that rather than starting with something new, it's better if I can revisit and expand on some of my old discussions.

Reading. I'm going to start slow. A few pages per day. Set small goals. Don't make reading, a joyful experience, into a burden.

Writing. Don't be lazy. Force yourself to write a paragraph or two of your ideas and thoughts.

Thinking. Don't be scarred to be controversial. If you are not controversial then you are probably not thinking much.

More..coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?