Issues

Monday, February 13, 2012

Blasphemy via Twitter?

This guy could possibly face a beheading if he doesn't repent in a Saudi Court.

Many people are angry over his tweets. He tweeted the following messages on twitter
On your birthday, I will say that I have loved the rebel in you, that you’ve always been a source of inspiration to me, and that I do not like the halos of divinity around you. I shall not pray for you.

On your birthday, I find you wherever I turn. I will say that I have loved aspects of you, hated others, and could not understand many more.

On your birthday, I shall not bow to you. I shall not kiss your hand. Rather, I shall shake it as equals do, and smile at you as you smile at me. I shall speak to you as a friend, no more.
Some people think that these wordings are controversial, insulting and blasphemous. I don't think they are blasphemous at all. 


Blasphemy is not a very well define crime. There isn't a plaintiff or a victim. If someone thinks you wrote something uncomplimentary about Allah swt or the Prophet then you are being blasphemous. 



He has apologized soo many times. Most people are unwilling to let it go. Some people believe he should be beheaded for insulting the Prophet of Islam. 

He could be tried either for apostasy or blasphemy - both carries the death sentence based on the Islamic tradition. The only way he can save himself now is if he repents in the court. With a repentance done in front of the judge, he can be acquitted.

Many people have advised him not to be hero. Issue a quick apology and save yourself.

To save himself from being prosecuted, he tried to seek asylum. Unfortunately, he traveled to the worse possible country in the world to seek asylum - Malaysia. Malaysia doesn't believe in political asylums and they don't grant anyone political asylums. They will treat you just like a regular criminal after charging you for breaking immigration laws. Malaysia will also swiftly send you back to the same country that you are running away from!


As expected, Malaysia has cheerfully extradite him almost immediately as soon as he landed in the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. 

Even the lawyer who tried to help the poor kid couldn't do a single thing to stop the deportation
Muhammad Afiq Bin Mohamad Noor, the Malaysian lawyer hired by Mr. Kashgari’s family, said he obtained an interim court order from the Kuala Lumpur High Court on Sunday afternoon that would have prevented the authorities from deporting Mr. Kashgari. He only discovered later on Sunday, when he spoke to an immigration officer at the Kuala Lumpur airport, that Mr. Kashgari had already been deported on a private Saudi jet. 
 After sending this kid to a possible death sentence
“The police have contacted their counterpart in Saudi Arabia to determine the next course of action,”
"It’s not our practice to grant political asylum"
Malaysia even bragged about how friendly they are with Saudi Arabia
“The nature of the charges against the individual in this case are a matter for the Saudi Arabian authorities.”  
The official said Malaysia, a Muslim-majority country, had good diplomatic relations with Saudi Arabia. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog. I have copied it to this group.

    Free Hamza
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/217865731642049/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to use anything from here that you think will be helpful. Like I said before, I’ve read what he wrote and it doesn’t seems blasphemous to me.

      You can also make the Facebook group public to attract more people to his cause.

      Delete

Got something to say?