Issues

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Copyrighted Materials

JSTOR contains a collection of interesting journals. I came to know about these journals from a brother who has provided many interesting articles. There are a number of interesting journals on jstor that publishes Shia related papers. Strangely people who published in these journals work and study in western countries. The reason I said strange because I was under the impression that no one in west study Shia Islam (since it is not the majority sect). And sometimes people tend to focus on the majority sect because they think the majority must have the correct interpretation about Islam.

Did I tell you that I am from a country that actively prosecutes its Shia minority?

Anyway, I don’t have a subscription to the journal. However, I found a way to access the journal from a university computer. You can go to any library (affiliated with a University) and use one of their computers. You should have an instant access to the journal.

The jstor site has a page-to-page navigation. I have also seen an option to download the article in the pdf format. The download in the pdf format did not work well for me. I was only able to make it work for a few documents, afterward it stopped showing anything it pdf. Don’t really know why this happened.

Anyway, I am not going to upload copyrighted materials, papers, books or journals on my blog because it is in violation of the blogger term of agreement.

If you have interest in certain paragraphs or pages from the journal paper then I can re-quote some of them (not in entirety) here. One thing I know about Academic Journals is that they are very possessive. They even take away the copyright from the original authors who publish papers in their journal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?