Issues

Monday, April 11, 2011

Why am I doing this and who are my readership?

I’ll answer the second question first.

I don’t really know who reads my blog. The blogger.com provide some basic statistics on my visitors (list of countries), what posts visitors like the most and traffic direction. My readers are from all over the word (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, South Asia, Japan, China, South East Asia, Australia).

Most of the traffic is from www.ShiaChat.com, www.google.com or some strange looking urls (no idea what it means). Most common search term on google.com is “Ghulat sects”. I did a search on google and found my blog on the second page, right after mother (www.ShiaChat). Note to self: Write more articles about Ghulat Sects.

I think the reason I am doing this is because everyone (except me, until now) have a personal website or blog. And I don’t want to be left out. Is the reason not good enough?

I’ll be embarrassed if someone said, this site looks like a personal diary (you know who you are!). I would prefer people to think the blog as a log book. Log book about “Research Into Other Sects”.

This is a private blog. I don’t get paid to blog. Neither am I doing this for a job or an assignment for one of the classes I am currently taking.

Why “Research Into Other Sects”?

I have been meaning to do this for long time. Didn’t know how to do it until I found out that you could sign-up for free blogs. It cost me $0.0 to host this website. The only thing I am putting here is my time and effort.

I also have to thank my contributors. Some of the best thing on my blog is not written by me.

I do welcome suggestions and feedback. Please leave comments, anonymously, if you wish. I have no way to track back to you.

1 comment:

  1. Bismillah

    Salam

    Dear me, so touchy! Why would anyone call this a personal diary? Looks more like a ... log book.

    Keep up the good work

    Wassalam

    P.S. You know who I am.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?