Issues

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I am looking for a better structure for my blog


I use to think that people have blogs to serve their narcissist tendency (within all of us)....but obviously I am wrong here because I don't write stuff about myself... 

A Blog or a Website?
I think having a blog is nicer than having a website because you don’t need to do website maintenance or write raw html code. All, you need to do is write something and click “publish”.  


But there are a few negative aspects of blogging,
i) You can’t structure your content well. It is sorted by date
ii) You can’t pretty up a blog the way you want
iii) Unpleasant navigation experience

How to structure a blog?

I am trying to find a better structure for my blog. Initially, I started with posting entries with some of my existing materials. I expanded the post, added additional materials and references. Then, I began to solicit views and opinions from others.

I thought of doing it in a chronological order (by birth of sects/date). If we go by chronological order (of sects) then it would be easier to see the big picture. However, chronological order can be uninteresting for the readers and the blogger themselves.


I will maintain the randomness of the posts/topics in this blog. I enjoy reading materials presented in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) format. I will probably use this format (in the near future) to structure the content of the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Asalaam Alaikum Zareen,
    I would recommend that you keep the posts random but in the right margin where you have your archive, favorite links, and about me section, you should place a "Sects" section and underneath that put tags like Ismaili, Bohra, Zaydi, etc.
    It would be helpful for newer people reading your blog. Also ask people to link this blog to their website or make your Myblog thing on Shiachat bigger. Not many people read your posts.
    Wasalaam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I finally figured out how to use labels on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?