Issues

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Purpose of My Blog


In the month of July 2010, a group of us at ShiaChat proposed a new forum for discussion of non-main stream sects such as Zaydis, Ismailis, Bohras, Nusayris, Yazidis, Zoroastrians and others (the original topic can be viewed here http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234978114-a-new-forum-under-the-current-shia-sunni-forum).

The main idea was to have a forum dedicated to researching other non-main streams sects; both existing and extinct. The primary goal was to make hard-to find materials about non-mainstream religion or sects available or accessible to broader audience.

I am starting a personal blog to archive interesting discussions (into other sects), gathering information, presenting views, analysis. I also plan to make my personal notes (this will need to be type out) about other sects available in the near future, InshaAllah.

My area of interest is the Fatimid (Nizari and Mustalians), Druze, Qaramite and other sub-sects that revere ahlul bayt (some if not all).

If you have an interest or currently researching or reading literature of other non-mainstream sects, please drop me an email. I would love to hear your experience.

Thanks and best of regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?