Issues

Friday, May 2, 2014

Why am I not posting sects’ related information?

I’m not posting many sects’ related posts. The last few posts were written a while ago. I’m not losing interest. Reading about them is one thing. Writing about them is something else. I’m very busy and can’t really spend that much time reading, researching or writing about them in a format suitable for the audience.

Since I’m not longer meeting the objective of this blog, I should probably modify the headers of my blog to reflect what I’m actively engaged in. Rest assured that nothing will be deleted. The content will not be changed or removed, but the look and feel maybe. The current headers should be on the right side with other labels in the similar group.

I think this modification is very much needed because I’ve expanded my blog to include things not planned originally when I started blogging in 2011. My newer materials are more about current events, ideas that shape Muslim thoughts, a little bit of general philosophy of religion and random things.

I’ve been meaning to move away for a while. By studying the development of Muslim sects, I didn’t get the clarity I hoped. Back then it was a different mindset. I was narrowly focused on tracing the historical origin of Muslim sects. It was a good exercise in writing, and brought a lot of visitors, but I’m becoming severely bored.

I probably need to sit down and think of the future direction of my blog. I’m not completely dissatisfied with the quality of my posts..well maybe a bit on the writing mechanism …I think I can do better. Best is to have a central theme, and then write as many posts as possible. Stay tuned. My blog will be undergoing some changes in weeks or more realistically in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?