Issues

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Oliver Stone's son converted to Shia Islam

I am reading the news about the conversion of Oliver Stone's son to Shia Islam.


Sean Ali Stone became a follower of Ahl al-Bayt (Shia Islam) by his own testimony (there is no God but God, and Mohammed is his messenger). There was a brief ceremony in Esfahan, Iran.


He also said
Having read the Koran and having been around the Islamic culture, especially in Iran, I do believe that Mohammed is a prophet of the same god worshipped by other religions.
He said his dad welcomed the move.
“My dad said, ‘Allah be with you.’ My father understands that I am trying to bridge certain gaps and bring about peace.”
But he has been shocked by the reaction from others. Sean, about to release his horror movie “Graystone,” said,
“I didn’t realize I would be so vilified. It is almost like I am a criminal for having accepted Islam. I didn’t realize Islamophobia was that deep. People have speculated that I have done this because I am from a spoiled family or that I am lost and trying to find myself. That is ridiculous.

“I don’t care if I get criticized. If I can open up a debate about religion and create some understanding, then it is worth it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?