Issues

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My blog is changing in completely unexpected ways

I don't think I will be able to write anything about Alawi any time sooner. I am not finding good sources. Most historical information about them are conflicting. I'll only have something interesting to post if I find more information about their doctrine. Otherwise, I just have to move on. I've placed the sect label to the side with other sects.

I am also not posting much about Ismailis. I need to look for something interesting about them to post.

After Mu'tazilah, I am thinking about reading the Batini teaching and the Qaramite sect. I haven't discuss much about them.

On the Sunni front, I really wish I could return back to reading the following paper http://researchintoothersects.blogspot.com/2011/11/two-opposing-doctrines-of-faith-in.html

So, far I've managed to introduce over 30 sects. My original plan was to first look into sects like Shia, Ismailis, Zaydi, Ghulat and Sunni. I've expanded my plan to include more sects including the extinct sects. Just because they are gone, doesn't mean we don't need to know about them.

And I've definitely not been doing anything on the obscure sects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?